English Requirements for Nurses and Midwives
.There are two tests that can be taken. These are:
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic Test
Nurses and Midwives must achieve an overall minimum score of 7 in each of the four components.
- Occupational English Test (OET) for Nurses
Nurses and Midwives must achieve an overall Pass, with grades of A or B in all four components of the test.
For more information contact our friendly consultants on one of our Free Call Numbers
*Source: Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
English Requirements for Doctors, Medical Staff and Allied Health
The Australian Medical Council has decided on the following English Requirements for Specialist Assessment. These requirements are also applicable for other medical professionals such as Doctors, Allied Health Professionals and most other Medical professions.
- Completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination (Academic Module) and achieved a minimum score of 7.0 in each of the four components.
- Results must have been obtained within 2 years prior to applying for registration.
- An IELTS (or approved equivalent) Test Report Form more than two years old will be accepted as evidence of present level of ability if accompanied by proof that a candidate has actively maintained employment as a medical practitioner in a country where English is the native or first language.
- For the purposes of exemption the AMC requires a minimum score of 7.0 in each of the four components of the Academic module of the IELTS examination.
*Source: Australian Medical Council Website