Your New Home in Melbourne
If you are considering relocation to Australia, we may have the opportunity for you!
Your new role is based in Melbourne, an international sports, arts, and food destination – and the World’s Most Liveable City 7 years in a row. NorthWestern Mental Health (NMWH) is a large public mental health service that looks after some of Melbourne’s fastest-growing and culturally-diverse suburbs. Progress your career with us and start your new chapter!
- You will receive a relocation allowance and tailored transition support (including support with visas, accommodation searching, and more).
- Salary between $95,737.20 – $109,376.80 AUD + 10.5% superannuation.
About Inner West Area Mental Health Service (IWAMHS)
Conveniently located in Parkville (3km from Melbourne CBD), within The Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH), IWAMHS offers a vibrant, dynamic and supportive work environment. Our psychiatric inpatient unit is a dynamic workplace. We are a passionate group of people who, through evidenced-based services, achieve the highest standards of care and recovery with our consumers.
Throughout your time at IWAMHS, you’ll be thoroughly supported – encouraged, even – to further your leadership skills and become an established part of the leadership team at NWMH.
Benefits of Working with IWAMHS:
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be part of a huge public mental health reform in Victoria. In 2021, the Victorian government approved major expansions and reinvigoration of the mental health workforce, creating a host of newly-created roles and opportunities.
The current NWMH Occupational Therapy team is well-connected at a state and nation-wide level. You will have an opportunity to actively contribute to research, and work with a multi-disciplinary team that is committed to the translation of research into practice.
Some other benefits include:
● Salary between $95,737.20 – $109,376.80 AUD + 10.5% superannuation.
● Attractive salary packaging up to $11,660 AUD (reducing your taxes) + novated leasing options
● Many professional development and advancement opportunities – Industry-renowned mental health training, supportive structures, strong team environment, excellent individual and group supervision to continually grow and develop your practice, and tailored career planning.
● Work / life balance – We can support you to work part-time or job-share.
● Comprehensive Health & Wellbeing Programs including: on-site staff gym, staff medical service, 10% pharmacy discounts, EAP, Workforce Wellbeing Team, a Peer Support Program – run by our dedicated employees, and more!
About the Role:
This is a full-time (negotiable), permanent (up to 1.0 FTE) position. In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• Stay current on priorities in Mental Health services (such as the Royal commission directions, NDIS, psychosocial supports) and be able to manage and consult on complex case presentations.
• Support a team of early career OTs (we have a strong Entry Level Program at Inner West) in applying the OT theory base through formal and informal interventions.
• Monitor and develop a well-balanced group program is delivered 6 days a week with the coming plan to offer activity based groups 7 days per week.
• Ensure OT is integrated into holistic recovery planning from admission to discharge.
The Senior OT will be available to work a rotating roster including weekdays and weekends, participate in rostered acute function requirements of IWAMHS, and may work from different sites.
● An approved tertiary degree from a recognized school of Occupational Therapy.
● Registration with AHPRA. If successful, we can support you in obtaining AHPRA registration.
● Minimum 7 years of experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of severe mental illness and psychiatric disability.
● Experience with public mental health service environments.
● A capacity to write high quality assessments, applications, and other forms of written work.
● An interest in clinical leadership and making a meaningful impact in your team and organisation.
● An ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team to advocate for the needs and rights of consumers of mental health services.
● Hold a current driver’s license
Please contact John on one of our free call numbers for a confidential discussion or email your CV to: [email protected] and we will contact you within 24 hours.
HealthStaff Recruitment – We are looking after you!
HealthStaff Recruitment is Australia’s most successful healthcare recruitment company. Providing recruitment services since 1998, the company has developed extensive expertise and experience in both national and international recruitment of Hospital Doctors and General Practitioners and other healthcare professionals.
HealthStaff Recruitment has certification in the RCSA Service Delivery Standard. The RCSA Service Delivery Standard sets a benchmark for the highest quality service and operational efficiency in the recruitment industry. This certification is a demonstration of our commitment to excellence in recruitment services.
Our service is Free for all candidates.
Free call from UK 0800 028 8376 or 0800 047 0924 * Ireland 1800 422 011 * Canada 1866 286 7349 * Australia 1800 330 533 * NZ 0800 223 381
Do you wish to apply for this job? Click below and apply now!