North Western Mental Health provides various mental health services in partnership with Northern Health and Western Health to the Northern and Western metropolitan regions of Melbourne. North Western Mental Health employs over 1000 nurses who help provide mental health services to youth, adults and the elderly suffering from serious mental health illnesses.North Western Mental Health makes major investments into their nursing workforce through a number of strategies discussed below.
North Western Mental Health provides a leading graduate program as an entry point for registered nurses, and post graduate psychiatric nursing students to receive professional experience and endorsement.
Recruitment and retention
North Western Mental Health takes pride in their extensive retention efforts of existing psychiatric nursing workforce, the recruitment of nurses not currently employed in mental health, and recruitment from interstate and overseas nurses. This has led to over 340 overseas psychiatric nurses employed in many senior positions.
Professionalism of their psychiatric nursing workforce
North Western Mental Health ensures that their nursing workforce upholds professionalism at all times. This also includes:
- Ensuring adherence of all codes of conduct, ethical codes (ANCI), and standards outlined in ANZCMHN.
- Ensuring all nurses are registered with the nurse board of Victoria.
- Ensuring professional requirements are met for specialist psychiatric nursing.
Education and research
North Western Mental Health has the following approach to education and research:
- Research platforms for psychiatric nursing
- Implementing research into psychiatric nursing practices using TRIP and Expert Consensus Guidelines
- Ongoing training
- Training opportunities
- Links to CPNRP and clinical fellowships
- Contemporary clinical advice on governance
- Educational environment with preceptorship programs
- Professional clinical supervision
- Management of clinical aggression
- Nurse practitioner project approach development
Here is a salary example for a registered psychiatric nurse, Grade 2 with 5 years post registration experience in (AUD):
- Base salary of $56,295.20
- 9% superannuation
- 50% loading on Saturday and Sunday shifts
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Salary packing options
- 5 days of Study and professional development days annually
- Relocation support
North Western Mental Health Nursing Jobs
If you are a qualified nurse looking for mental health jobs with North Western Mental Health please contact us for employment opportunities and vacancies through our contact form, or feel free to send us your CV here.