HealthStaff Recruitment recruits locally and internationally for medical professionals in all specialist areas. We are also experienced in recruiting doctors within Australia, as well as in the UK, New Zealand, Ireland and Canada. We always have a variety of doctor jobs available from some of Australia’s most reputable hospitals, surgeries and practices. If you are currently searching for your career opportunity, please refer to our doctor jobs in Australia.
HealthStaff Recruitment recruits locally and internationally qualified healthcare practitioners ranging from junior doctors, registrars, consultants and specialists. HealthStaff Recruitment specifically recruits for the following positions:
- Medical specialists
- General practitioners
- Medical directors
If you are a qualified healthcare professional seeking opportunities in Australia, HealthStaff Recruitment have a variety of medical jobs and positions in different areas within Australia. To view all medical jobs in Australia, please refer to the following:
- Doctor Jobs Australia
- Medical specialist jobs Australia
- Surgeon Jobs Australia
- Allied Health Jobs Australia
- General Practitioner Jobs Australia
- Medical Director Jobs Australia
- Nursing Jobs Australia
Applying to work in Australia can be a complicated process. At HealthStaff Recruitment we can guide you throughout this process, and ensure the simplest transition into the right job for you. Our services are free of charge. If you would like to enquire about working as a doctor in Australia, please feel free to contact us.
The Process of Practising as a Doctor in Australia
To practice as a doctor or GP in Australia, you must meet certain criteria, and undergo a process before you can begin practising in Australia. If you are currently in the process of finding and securing a doctor job in Australia, it is a good first step to identify the steps to successfully practise in Australia. Here is a quick summary of the steps involved in this process.
If you already have a job offer
- Step 1: Skills recognition
- Step 2: Apply for registration to the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in the relevant state or territory
- Step 3: Apply to DIAC for a Visa
- Step 4: Relocate
If you do not have a job offer yet
- Step 1: Skills recognition
- Step 2: Contact a recruitment agency or RWA to find a job
- Step 3: Accept a job offer from a practice
- Step 4: Apply for registration to the Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in the relevant state or territory
- Step 5: Apply to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for a Visa
- Step 6: Relocate
To learn more about this process please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website. If you are interested in understanding of the work/life balance in Australia; please refer to our working as a GP in Australia page.