To be eligible for employment under NSW Health there are certain requirements that must be met, which are different for healthcare professionals in different clinical areas. Read on to find out more about your employment eligibility for a Nursing or Midwifery position.
To apply for a Nursing or Midwifery position with NSW Health, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a registered nurse.
- Eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia. Find out more here.
- Obtain a current and valid visa allowing you to work in Australia.
On a regular basis, NSW Health in association with HealthStaff Recruitment, will be conducting face-to-face interviews throughout the following countries:
- New Zealand
- Hong Kong
Please contact your consultant for more information on interview dates, or any questions you may have. Our consultants are also available to provide extensive information about employment with NSW Health if you require it.
To be shortlisted for an interview with NSW Health, the following is essential:
- Provide HealthStaff Recruitment with an up-to-date CV outlining your qualifications and experience.
- For each present and previous nursing position listed on your CV, you should include accurate information pertaining to dates of employment, speciality, brief hospital description, duties and responsibilities, any additional training, contact and email details of three professional referees. To see an example CV click here.
- Please contact us through our quick contact us form here or submit your details via the HealthStaff Recruitment website here.
- Apply for nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
So what happens next?
If you meet all of the above requirements, and you have been shortlisted for an interview with NSW Health, you should expect the following:
- Once we receive your CV, a HealthStaff Recruitment consultant will contact you by phone to discuss your requirements, and will be able to answer any additional questions you may have. Your HealthStaff Recruitment will be available to you throughout the entire application process to provide all the assistance you require.
- After NSW Health has assessed and shortlisted you for an interview, your HealthStaff Recruitment consultant will confirm the date, time and location of the interview.