Benalla Health has two vacancies for midwives.This is a chance to further your midwifery career in country Victoria, only a two hours from Melbourne.
Have it all, beautiful and peaceful country living and still so close to the big city.
The hospital offers:
- Ongoing edducation
- Visa sponsorship if required
- Accept overseas Midwives how can work 6 months on a working holiday visa
- Accommodation provided on arrival
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia OR have applied for registration
- A minimum of 12 months post graduate midwifery experience
Their maternity unit is located adjacent to the acute ward.
It has three fully contained birthing suites where mothers are admitted and usually remain for the duration of their
Antenatal classes and a booking-in program are offered to expectant women and their partners to assist in the
preparation for delivery.
General practitioner obstetricians work closely with our midwives, supported by a specialist obstetrician.
Last year, 74 babies were delivered at Benalla Health.
The service is best described as follows:
• A low risk midwifery service
• Midwives support women and their family’s through the entire midwifery continuum.
• Midwifery care on site 24 /7; provided through a rotating roster
• Robust clinical governance systems which support excellent maternity outcomes;
• Highly skilled GP obstetricians, GP anaesthetists and midwives working in a shared care service
• Midwife led public antenatal clinic (no cost to women)
• Specialist Lactation Consultant clinics (no cost to women)
• State of the art equipment
• Contemporary labour wards with modern décor which enables partners to stay overnight. Simultaneously the
midwifery department is safe, secure and quiet.
• Access to 24/7 theatre for elective and emergency caesarean sections;
• Excellent clinical support and advice from the Central Hume Director of Obstetric Services, who is based at
Northeast Health Wangaratta.
• Women stay up to 48 hours post-delivery for normal uncomplicated deliveries.
• Healthy and nutritious menu for new mothers.
About 14,000 people live in Benalla and the surrounding district, about two hours’ drive north-east of Melbourne via
the Hume Freeway.
Benalla is built on both sides of the Broken River, which generally flows in a northerly direction through the town.
Damming the river near the railway at the northern end of town created Lake Benalla.
Benalla is the gateway to Victoria’s High Country, which is great for those who love hiking and skiing.
It is also located close to some of Australia’s best wineries.
It is home to Australia’s largest gliding club, attracting pilots from around the globe to experience the area’s world
renowned flying conditions.
Information on what to see and do: http://www.enjoybenalla.com.au/
Tourism information: http://www.victoriashighcountry.com.au/
Information about Benalla Region current events: http://www.highcountryharvest.com.au/
Please contact Elisha on one of our free call numbers for a confidential discussion or email your CV to: [email protected] and we will contact you within 24 hours.
Why HealthStaff Recruitment
HealthStaff Recruitment is Australia’s most successful healthcare recruitment company. Providing recruitment services since 1998, the company has developed extensive expertise and experience in both national and international recruitment of Hospital Doctors and General Practitioners and other healthcare professionals.
HealthStaff Recruitment has certification in the RCSA Service Delivery Standard.
The RCSA Service Delivery Standard sets a benchmark for the highest quality service and operational efficiency in the recruitment industry. This certification is a demonstration of our commitment to excellence in recruitment service
Our service is Free for all candidates. We have the widest choice of nursing and medical vacancies throughout Australia.
HealthStaff Recruitment manages the entire process of your registration and visa applications.
Free call from Australia 1800 330 533 │NZ 0800 223 381 │UK 0800 047 0924│ Ireland 1800 422 011 │Canada 1866 286 7349
Do you wish to apply for this job? Click below and apply now!